2010 Year of Concentration
2010 was a year of concentration – focusing both school participants and volunteers on deepening and consolidating the gains we had made in the first year of the school curriculum. It was a time of concentrated effort to produce significant results in all areas.
Below are some of our major accomplishments in 2010:
- Continued to develop the Coaching Program as one of the core elements of the three-year curriculum. In addition to each participant having an assigned coach for the academic year, each coach was assigned a mentor to support their coaching of participants. We also created more integration between the coaching community, the curriculum element, and the design team as part of our efforts to create on-going school-wide conversations.
- Designed and produced two, three-hour Leadership Dialogues, with the participants, one on integrity and one on authenticity. These international conference calls are part of the curriculum of the school and are held during those quarters of the academic year when there is no residential offering.
- Completed the development and write up of six core distinctions - the ideas, models, and principles one creates for oneself (rather than accepting or merely understanding) which reorganize what one already knows and give one powerful access to new possibilities.
- Created a series of documents articulating several principles of the school, such as the being of a program leader, the being of a coach, the developmental domains and path of a program leader, and a standard format for faculty preparing to lead a program.
- Developed a checklist for producing all Mastery Foundation programs, including those offered as part of the School for Leadership.
- Continued to expand and develop our use of technologies such as online surveys and wikis to measure our impact and extend our reach.
- Held the second Three-Day Leadership Clinics for the school participants in their local regions. These mid-year residential clinics are designed to reinforce the learnings of the Five-Day Fundamentals in Transformational Leadership and address how to deal with breakdowns in the field.
- Held the third and final five-day residential program for the first cohort, Fundamentals of Transformational Leadership, with an emphasis on learning and practicing program delivery.
- Structured an Apprentice Program for participants in the school and others to use in continuing to develop their skills as Mastery Foundation program leaders.
- Laid the groundwork for enrolling and accepting a second cohort into the School in mid-2011 to begin the three-year curriculum in November 2011.
- Continued to develop the strength and participation of the school builders community with the addition of new faculty members, new coaches, and new sponsorship as we continue to learn how to operate effectively from a community model of organizing and getting work done.